Horticultural perlite is a kind of white granular material with honeycomb structure inside after preheating perlite ore after instant high temperature roasting and expansion. Its principle is: perlite ore is crushed to form ore sand of a certain size, after preheat Thermal roasting, rapid heating (above 1000°C), the moisture in the ore evaporates, and expands inside the softened vitreous ore to form a porous structure, a non-metallic mineral product with a volume expansion of 10-30 times.
horticultural perlite can be widely used in the construction of greening projects such as urban greening, gardening nurseries, lawn planting, big tree transplanting, roof gardens, underground parking lots, ecological roads and bridges, sunshine halls, garden potted plants, moving fields and saline-alkali land improvement, and is suitable for Soil cultivation of high-grade flowers and trees and pollution-free economic plants is the best plant material for ecological horticultural cultivation.
1. The effective moisture content is as high as 45%, which can effectively intercept rainwater.
2. When saturated with water, the weight is 450-600kg/m3 (generally the soil is about 1800kg/m3), which effectively solves the load problem of the building structure.
3. 100% pure inorganic cultivation substrate, stable physical and chemical indicators, no need to change soil for long-term cultivation of plants.
4. The water permeability coefficient is 200mm/hr, which can effectively avoid siltation hazards.
5. Clean and odorless, easy to construct and convenient to maintain.
6. The porosity of the product greatly promotes the growth and development of the fibrous root system of plants, has an excellent fixing effect on trees, and at the same time overcomes the damage of the tree's main roots to the building structure.
Horticultural perlite has the following functions in horticulture:
1.Loosen the internal structure of the substrate and maintain the normal exchange of water, gas and fertilizer;
2.Reduce the bulk density for easy transportation and transplanting;
3.Maintain a stable substrate structure.
Utilizing the porous properties of perlite, this feature of perlite is conducive to the roots of crops to penetrate deep into the perlite matrix to absorb nutrients. The pores of perlite can store a large amount of water and nutrients, and supply the growth needs of crops for a long time. In production, it can be directly used for planting a large number of crops on the ground, and it can also be used for cultivating flowers and plants in flower pots. At the same time, it has played its due role in soil modification, adjustment of soil compaction, prevention of crop lodging, and control of fertilizer efficiency and fertility. Porous adsorption, it can also be used as a diluent and carrier for pesticides and herbicides in agriculture.
Size of horticultural perlite
2-4mm, 4-8mm, 8-15mm, 10-20mm, 20-30mm